Thursday, August 29, 2013

I think I can, I think I can...

"Raymond, how many times have I told you?! You do NOT stand on your sisters head!!!"  These are the things that I now say on a daily basis even though just four short years ago, I never in a million years could have imagined that anyone would even think it was a good idea to stand on someone elses head, let alone that I would have to tell them NOT to! Crazy as it sounds however, I can't live without my two little shenanigans. They have taught me more in just the few short years that they have been here, than I have ever learned in my life. When Casey and I held our first child, and soon after our second, I never thought for a moment that I would be having another mans baby in the future...and our journey begins.
 

Most all of us are born with the natural ability to breathe, and when we can't there are medicines and machines to help us do so. What happens when the machines and medicines available can't help you? Does someone breathe for you? CAN someone breathe for you? When I first met Sarah and Paul (names are changed) they were having trouble "breathing". They were unable to do something that happened for me, just as easily as breathing (hell, almost by mistake!). I can't imagine anyone not being able to experience the joy my little monsters have brought me...I am a surrogate.

To be continued.... :)

Liz

2 comments:

  1. Love this! You are a natural at putting your thoughts down on *paper* ~ You should link Sarah/Paul to this ~ i believe it will prove therapeutic for you to keep this *journal* ~ What an amazing, wonderful thing you are doing ~ i love you ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great place to start! I like your comparison on the ease of breathing ( an automatic response our body provides for us) with the should be ease of getting pregnant. For some, like your couple,it isn't an easy or automatic response at all. It is a selfless and amazing thing you are doing for them. You are giving them the chance to breath when they couldn't themselves Liz. There is no greater gift than the gift of life. You are a special and strong woman and I can't wait to read about your beautiful journey! xoxox
    PS: I never thought I'd be saying " Jack, you can't wrestle your sister, she is only 1" lol

    ReplyDelete